Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers
The following sets out the guidelines and procedures relating to the application and processing of exemptions under the Institute’s Associate Examinations.
1. Application for Exemptions
Applications for exemptions must be made on the prescribed form and must be submitted together with the appropriate fee i.e. Kshs. 2,000 non-refundable fee plus the prevailing examination fee per subject for each subject in which exemption is being sought.
2. Number of Subjects For Exemptions
Applicants (except those holding equivalent ACIB passes) will not be exempted in the following core subjects:-
a) Monetary & Financial Systems
b) Law and Practice Relating to Banking & Finance
d) International Trade Finance
3. Exemptions To Holders of ACIB Qualifications
Candidates will be exempted for equivalent papers passed as follows:-
- Law & Practice for Mortgage Lenders
4. Exemptions To Holders of CPA (k) Qualifications
CPA (K) holders will be exempted from the Financial Reporting Analysis and Planning Paper, and other relevant subjects at the discretion of the Examinations Board.
5. Post-Graduate Degree Holders & All Other Professional Qualifications
Exemption will be on subject to subject basis except for the core papers identified in two above.