Principles of Banking Course (Introduction to banking)
1st - 5th August 2022
Ksh 67,200 PP
This workshop is designed to provide solid foundational knowledge to staff new to banking roles. It covers the principles of how banks operate as a business, their mandate to operate in sound manner while adhering to the internal policies and the legal framework in addition to the role of the bank employees in providing customer centric solutions to the clients.
On the successful completion of this workshop; the learners should be able to:
- Demonstrate the banking operations in Kenya
- Apply KYC and Customer due diligence checks while on boarding clients to the bank
- Employ various techniques of serving internal and external customers in the bank
- Adhere to internal policies and regulations for effective cash management.
- Effective Cash management for banks and the CBK Mandate in issuing currency
- The Know Your Customer (KYC) Process for Banks
- Operational Risk management with a key focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) Stages of Layering, Terrorist Financing (TF) &Suspicious Transactions (STs), Fraud & The effects to the banks business
- Global Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Combating the Financing of Terrorism Environment, Trends & Regulation
- The role of staff in AML, CFT, Fraud / Banking Industry best practices
- The place of Customer experience & centricity in the banking Industry
- Banker Customer relationship/Financing roles of banks/Emerging trends in the banking sector.