Membership Registration Guidelines
Dear Prospective Member,
The Kenya Institute of Bankers has several types of Membership as indicated below:
1. Fellows & Platinum Members
Senior Members, generally in ONE of the following categories:
- At least 15 years’ working experience.
- CEO, Executive Director or General Manager level.
- Board Member of a Corporate Institution, Parastatal, etc.
- Fellows are appointed through a process, from among those who have contributed immensely to the banking industry or the Institute.
- For Fellows, Membership fees is Shs. 15,000. per year.
- Platinum (one can join immediately). Membership Fees Shs. 20,000. per year.
2. Associates & Gold Members
Senior Members, usually in ONE of the following categories:
- More than 5 years’ working experience.
- Head of Department, Senior Manager, Managerial level.
- Associates (AKIB, ACIB) qualify through passing Advanced Diploma examinations.
- Members of other professions e.g. ICPAK, ACCA, LSK, etc. also qualify as Gold Members.
- Membership Fees Shs. 10,000. per year.
3. Silver Member
- 0 – 5 years’ experience.
- Membership Fees Shs. 5,000. per year.
4. Bronze Member
- No working experience required.
- Students are also eligible for Membership.
- Membership Fees Shs. 3,000. per year.
However, due to financial considerations, some Senior Members may opt to pay for Silver category initially. The Member can discuss with the Institute on the same.
- Being a Member of a professional body in good standing.
- Invitation to KIB events and webinars for Members.
- Discounted charges for Members during events and forums.
- Writing articles in the KIB Newsletter.
- Speakers in Webinars, Forums, Topical Issues and Conferences.
The priority of selecting the panelists depends on the level of seniority.
If you require any clarification or more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.