Should you wish to apply, please note the following:Fellows are elected by the Institute’s Council from Associates of the Institute (and other financial services professionals with comparable qualifications) who are of managerial status or who have held a managerial appointment. To encourage more financial services professionals to become Fellows of the Institute the Council has formulated guidelines setting out the criteria for election of Fellows. An applicant to be considered for election as a Fellow must meet the following criteria:
- 1. Be a member of the Institute and be not less than thirty-five years of age;
- 2. Satisfy the Council that He/She is in all respects a suitable person for election as a Fellow;
- 3. Be an Associate of the Kenya Institute of Bankers or holder of either:
- a. A professional qualification comparable with the Institute’s qualification or
- b. Be able to demonstrate a commitment to financial services education, training or other Institute related goals.
- 4. Be of managerial status and have worked in a bank/Financial Institution for not less than Ten years.
- 5. Be a continuing member of the Institute and able to regularly pay the subscriptions of the Institute as may be determined from time to time by the Council.
- 6. Be recommended for election as a Fellow by his/her employer and/or two current Fellows.
- 7. Submit an application form obtained from the Institute and pay the prescribed application fee.
The Council may elect as Honorary Fellows, men of distinction in the field of banking, finance, economics, management, etc. An applicant to be considered for election as an honorary fellow must meet the following criteria:
- 1. Apply to the Institute in writing on a prescribed form or be invited by the Council at its discretion;
- 2. Satisfy the Council that He/She is in all respects a suitable person for election as an honorary Fellow;
- 3. Demonstrate his/her contribution to the development of financial services education, training or education in general, or distinguished service in another profession of relevance to the banking industry such as Law, Accounting, Economics, Manacscement. Insurance and other kindred subiects:
- 4. Be not less than thirty-five years of age.